Work In Progress – prototype
This experiment has been build with the Gamebuino in mind.
The distance of the line of sight is set to 1 room & half on purpose.
Tis is how I define a Room
0, means 0 “open-wall” ( a closed room)
1, means 1 “open-wall”
4, means 4 “open-wall” (an open room)
My full map is a collection of Rooms.
Example a 5-rooms-long-vertical-map is describe as : [0x1,0xA,0xA,0xA,0x3]
- DONE : Maze data Model
- DONE : WireFrame style raycaster (based on wall’s vertices, not a bunch of rays from the player)
- DONE : minimap absolute & relative (use space bar)
- DONE : Compute wall visibility
- DONE : Grid based movement : OK (UP DOWN STRAFE-LEFT STRAFE-RIGHT ROTATE LEFT & ROTATE RIGHT)
- DONE : Wall Collisions
- DONE : virtual d-pad for touch (not a good a real keyboard :p)
- DONE : gamepad control